Certara Coöperative U.A. and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including, without limitation, Tripos, L.P., Pharsight Corporation and Tripos LP – Sucursal em Portugal, (collectively, the “Certara Companies”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information provided to Certara Companies. This statement explains the personal information we collect on the web site, how we use it and when it is shared with third parties. This policy applies only to information collected and received by the web site and does not apply to information we receive through other means, such as phone or fax. Please note that we review and update this Privacy Statement periodically, as needed, without notice. Therefore, you should review the terms of this statement periodically to make certain you are aware of how we collect and use personal information. By accessing, browsing or using this web site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Certara Companies as explained herein.
1. Personal Information. In general, you can visit the web site without providing any personal information. However, there are instances where we must obtain your personal information. This information may include registration data (your name, address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data, and response data (all such information being “User Information”). For example, if you use the online features to purchase products from us through our web site, we will require you to enter personal information and/or information about your employer, such as your or your employer’s name, address, e-mail, telephone number and relevant credit card information (such information also being “User Information”). This also will result in you automatically being registered in our customer database.
The web site is intended for adults. We do not knowingly or willfully collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. Please do not submit User Information to Certara Companies if you are under 18 years of age. Users of this site who submit information to us represent that they are an adult and are at least eighteen years or older. If a child has provided personally identifiable information to this site, please contact us at the addresses or telephone numbers provided below so that we may immediately remove the information from our records.
4. Accuracy and Security. The accuracy and security of User Information is important to Certara Companies. You may review and request updates to your User Information as retained by Certara Companies. You may contact us at the addresses or telephone numbers provided below if you wish to:
5. Cookies. Certara Companies may use “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that a web site can transfer to a visitor’s hard drive to keep records of the visits to such site. A cookie contains information such as username and password that assist us in recognizing pages viewers visit to enhance future visits. The personal information a cookie can contain is the information that you provide. A cookie cannot read data from a viewer’s hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted, however, Certara Companies does not store credit card numbers in cookies. If the you prefer not to accept a cookie, you can set their web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, etc.) to warn them prior to accepting cookies, or you have the option to refuse all cookies by turning them off in their web browser. Access to Certara Companies’ secured web site(s) requires the use of per-session cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer in which you must enable only the cookies forwarded back to the originating server. You can still access most of the features on the Certara Companies web site without accepting a cookie.
7. External Links. The Certara Companies’ web site may provide links to other third party web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, or practices, or the contents contained in the links of such third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only and are accessed at your own risk.
9. Changes to this Privacy Statement. We reserve the rights to change, amend, adjust, add to or delete from our this Privacy Statement from time to time as necessary and without notice. Further, from time to time, we may use User Information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
10. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Missouri, which may differ from laws in your city, state and country. By submitting your personal information to this web site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any country and its use and disclosure in accordance with United States and Missouri law. You agree that any dispute arising from, or relating in any way to, this web site will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the County of St. Louis, State of Missouri and you irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Certara Companies and their respective agents and affiliates against any claim, liability, expense or damages arising from or relating to your use of this website. If any provision of this Privacy Statement is deemed unlawful, void, or for any other reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Privacy Statement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
11. General. For questions regarding Certara Companies Privacy Statement, contact the Certara Companies at:
c/o Tripos, L.P.
1699 South Hanley Rd., Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63144